Our mission is to support the emergence of a prosperous documentary film community, culture and practice in and from the Arab/African region while promoting the values and principles of justice, dignity, and human rights.
The first cycle of DOX Garage was launched in September 9th 2019. Nine applications were received from the following countries: Egypt (3), Libya, Morocco (3), Rowanda, Norway.
Topics of submitted projects ranged from ecological, Historical and socio-political. The following is the selection and grants decision:
1. Mirit Mikhale – Drinking Fog – Egypt and France. Was awarded a consultation meeting with a dramaturg to advise on the nuances of the story, tone of voice and Point of view.
2. Mohamed Msahel – The Princess and the Dragon – Morocco. Was awarded a consultation meeting with an animation expert to advise on technique and story board
3. Yasmine Benabdallah – Body here, Mind elsewhere – Morocco. Was awarded a consultation meeting with a dramaturg to advise on the nuances of the story, tone of voice and Point of view.
4. Reda Zerouali – Kalima – Morocco. Was awarded a consultation meeting (virtual) with a filmmaker / archive expert to advise on archival material employment within the story .
5. Mohamed Adel – Aswan, The Synagogue – Egypt. Was awarded a consultancy meeting with a lawyer to advise on permits and production legal matters and a consultancy session with a consultant to advise on structure.
6.Amjad Said Haboush – The lost Jews of Nafusa Mountains – Libya. Was awarded a consultation meeting with a DOX BOX staff member to advise on future workshop and lab opportunities for the project